Acts 1:8 Strategy
First Baptist Church Keller is an ACTS 1:8 church. What is Acts 1:8? Simply put, it is our MISSION. . . the GREAT COMMISSION! Our church views our mission strategically and geographically. Our “Jerusalem” is the greater Keller area (within about 15 minutes of our church). Our “Judea” is all of North-Central Texas (within about an hour’s drive from our church). Our “Samaria” is the rest of Texas and North America, while the “Ends of the Earth” is everywhere outside of North America. We have volunteer MINISTRY TEAMS for each of these areas. God has a PLACE FOR YOU in His mission! We have numerous Great Commission projects that fit all ages and interests. Be on the lookout for new ways to serve our Lord!
OUR MISSIONS VISION
First Baptist Church of Keller seeks to Evangelize the Lost and transform lives at all geographical levels (Acts 1:8) by developing and implementing disciple-making strategies, planting new churches, cooperating with Great Commission partners, and personalizing missions so that every FBCK member discovers and gets involved serving in his or her specific place in God’s kingdom as an obedient witness for Christ.
OUR DRIVING CONVICTIONS
- God’s glory is the most significant goal any person or church can strive for.
- God is zealous that His name be known and praised by all the peoples of the earth; it is our task to extend His kingdom on earth so that more people can know Him and worship Him.
- Jesus gave the Great Commission to every believer and every church. Our church believes that it is our responsibility to fulfill Acts 1:8 by simultaneously reaching our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the Ends of the Earth.
- Since God is sovereign, His purpose of being praised by all nations will happen; it is an absolute certainty!
- The missionary task is focused on people groups, so it has a definite point of completion.
- Evangelization is not complete until it results in disciples living transformed lives who are gathered into self-supporting churches led from within that regularly and spontaneously multiply themselves.
- Since we are in a spiritual battle, the weapon of PRAYER must be at the forefront of every strategy and project that we employ.
- Our church is called to give generously of our financial resources to support missionaries and mission causes at every geographical level. This means that our people are challenged to live and spend their money as good stewards of the resources that God has entrusted to them.
- Our goal at FBCK is to mobilize our entire congregation to be either zealous witnesses/goers or zealous senders, not disobedient to our Lord’s mandate to share our faith and make disciples.
- We seek to be salt and light in our community and our world so that true transformation takes place in individual lives, in our community, in our culture, and even among other people groups because of our obedience to Christ.